why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Sunday 25 August 2013

Natalie Hartley Runs...On a Hangover

Friday night and the team Nike girls did a group 5k run rounds Regents Park. I have hit a wall this week, mixture of feeling that am not getting better and laziness. However we went on the run and have realised I have been doing my personal runs a bit too fast and the jog that we are doing tonight (a much slower pace) means that I can run and talk! First time I have ever done that so now feel back on track and that maybe i can do is after all and go out and celebrate with a drink or two or more! This has led to the Espresso Martini hangover from hell. I will be honest, I tried to cancel my trainer but then thought of a steam room treat at the end and so dragged myself out in the rain and thought would try and see whether exercise really does sort you out after a heavy night, the final answer: yes it does, of course it does, I was dripping in alcoholic sweat and these were the results (shots taken between unbalanced wobbles not the most stable of days on my feet I have to say) but thanks to David Warden, my trainer for putting up with my unprofessional shit, I made it to another exercise achievement of the week!
I have been told that these core strengtheners I am doing in the pics above and below are needed for running so for anyone else I have inspired to start running make sure you work out this area. Use machines and exercises that work out all areas and muscles but that always include using the stomach as is holds you together from inside and gives you better stamina! If its not hurting your stomach then it's not working!


Also this week have inspired 3 friends to start running! I am very pleased as this was a goal of mine to inspire others to run as if I can then you can too! #justdoit

No comments:

Post a Comment