why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Thursday 27 February 2014

Paris Fashion Week Day 1

The Highlights.....

Let the shows commence!


Mix blue and grey together, pastel shades work better to bounce off darker colours, the grey is a great canvas to add colour to and faded denim is a good neutral balance
Coat by Joseph
Rollneck by Banana Republic
Jeans by Topshop
Trainers by New Balance
Bag by Prada
Sunglasses by Thierry Lasry

Another sunny day at Place Vendome the venue for some shows this season


But first stop and one of my favorite brands Dries van Noten


Hotel du Ville the view from my seat.....


The collection was a mix of seventies prints with a cool utilitarian edge running through I loved these bomber jackets

Rochas next start looking out for the gauntlet gloves seen everywhere and go bold!

Three ways to wear the knit at Vionnet

The seasonal H & M show at the Grand Palais was star studded from front to row model in the show guests included Miranda Kerr and Jessica Alba and the clothes were sexy with a touch of fluff!


Heavy silver trousers at Gareth Pugh, just add white


You can't head to Paris with eating Soupe a l'onion and whilst eating a me reading I found a great quote about business from Marigay McKee who now is about to turn around Saks Fifth Avenue stateside having turned around the fortunes at Harrods


Learn the business no matter what you do if you want to be successful you need to understand the figures too it's not just about the nice stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment